This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for the Tally Ho Hotel
Situated in the Oxfordshire countryside, The Tally Ho Hotel is the perfect place to stay whether you are visiting for business or leisure. Located in a small Oxfordshire village, with easy public transport options the hotel is just a ten minute drive from Bicester Village Outlet Centre and a 25 minute drive from the beautiful historic town centre of Oxford.
We offer 26 en-suite bedrooms, 13 of which are ground floor and there are two accessible bedrooms suitable for wheelchair users, situated on the ground floor with step free access. For breakfast, where possible, we use locally sourced ingredients and cater for varying dietary requirements.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Tally Ho Hotel. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01869 247170 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The pavement on the street leading to the hotel is evenly paved.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the map section of our website. Alternatively you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is OX25 1NY to get directions.
- There are two local train stations, Bicester Town and Bicester North. Bicester Town Station is 3.2 Miles away, approximately 8 minutes by car and Bicester North Station is 4.4 Miles, approximately 11 minutes. Taxis are available at the station. If you require an accessible taxi this can be booked in advance, see contact information for details.
- The nearest bus stop is just outside of the hotel on Ploughley Road. There is a shelter with bench seating. All buses can accommodate one wheelchair. The S5 bus runs from this bus stop to Oxford via Bicester, times vary and are displayed at the bus stop or please ask reception for a copy.
- The pavement on the street leading to the hotel is even and tarmaced with no gradient.
- There is also a local company which supplies equipment that can be hired, see contact information for details.
- This access statement is available in larger print on request.
Car Parking and Arrival
- There is free onsite parking at the Hotel with approximately 150 parking spaces.
- The driveway has a tarmac surface with a paved path leading to the front door.
- There are two disabled parking spaces just outside of reception and the two accessible bedrooms.
- The front door is 58ins/147cm wide.
- Assistance can be given with luggage.
- Guests are welcomed in the reception, which is level throughout, where they are asked to register.
- Seating is available with one sofa, one armchair and two chairs all with arms.
- The flooring is wood; the area is evenly and well lit with overhead lighting and wall lights.
- Guests are shown the bar, restaurant and their bedroom
- There are two bedrooms on the ground floor with step free level access from the front door. The room can accommodate either 2 single beds or a double bed.
- The door to the easily accessible rooms is 89cm/ 35ins wide.
- The height of all of the beds from the top of the mattress to the floor is 51cm/20ins. Blocks to raise the height of the bed are available on request.
- Furniture can be easily removed or rearranged in the bedrooms.
- A sofa bed for use by an assistant/ friend or other family member is available.
- Rooms are bright and evenly lit. There is one desk lamp. Overhead lighting which is controlled with one light switch and two side lights fixed to the wall.
- All of our bedrooms offer the following; lighting as above, colour contrast between the walls and floor, short pile carpet, widescreen digital television with remote control and subtitles.
Bathrooms, Showers and Toilets
- All rooms have en-suite bathrooms. The ground floor bedroom en-suite bathroom offers the following:
- Door opening to the bathroom is 79cm/31ins
- The toilet height is 81cm/32ins.
- The wash basin height is 81cm/32ins.
- Lever taps on the washbasin and bath.
- Grab rails, horizontal and vertical for the bath and shower.
- Horizontal and vertical grab rails either side of the toilet.
- Well lit with overhead lights and a florescent light over the mirror.
- Non- slip shower mat provided
- The bath and the shower are combined and are not level entry or step free.
Public Areas – Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- All public areas, hall and stairs are well lit using a combination of ceiling and wall lights.
- There is a short pile carpet on the stairs; however the rest of the public area flooring consists of ceramic tiles.
- There is a flight of thirteen steps to the first floor rooms with a handrail to one side.
Public Areas – Bar Lounge
- The bar lounge is situated on the ground floor with step free/ level entry from the front door.
- The door opening to the bar lounge is 56ins/142cm.
- The flooring is a ceramic tiling and is level throughout.
- Widescreen digital television with remote control and subtitle facility is available.
- Lighting is natural daylight and light levels are controlled by a switch, with overhead and wall lighting used as well as table and floor lamps.
- The room has a mixture of seating with sofas and soft chairs as well as bar stools, with and without arms, together with a low coffee table and some bar tables.
- There is a small unisex toilet at the end of the bar on the ground floor, with one toilet and one hand basin.
- There is a step free/ level entry with a ceramic tiled floor and space to the left of the toilet.
- There are lever taps on the sinks.
- The toilet is well lit with a single florescent overhead light.
- There are two vertical rails either side of the hand basin.
- There is a vertical and horizontal rail either side of the toilet.
- The toilet height is 19ins/48cm.
- The hand basin height is 27.5ins/70cm
- The toilet door is 25ins/63cm wide.
- The dining room is situated on the ground floor with a step free/ level entry access from the front, side and back door.
- The door opening to the dining room is 27ins/69cm or 46ins/117cm and is level throughout.
- The flooring is a ceramic tile throughout.
- Lighting is natural daylight and light levels are controlled with a switch, with overhead and wall lighting used as well as table and floor lamps around the room.
- We are able to cater for varying dietary requirements. Please advise us when making a booking.
- Breakfast is served but you can help yourself to fruit juices, cereals, fruit and yogurts.
- Crockery is colour contrasted with the table where possible.
- The garden and patio can be accessed via a level paved path, which is 114cm/45ins wide.
- There is a paved patio area with tables and chairs.
- There is a large pond with a fountain and fish which is surrounded by a wooden fence.
- The garden area has a small sloping lawn and a flat lawn.
- Assistance Dogs are welcome and water can be provided on request
- We have a set of evacuation procedures- should you require it someone will come to your room and assist you with evacuation.
- All of our information brochures, evacuation procedures etc, can be made available in large print on request.
- Free WIFI internet access is available.
- We can offer a list of nearby attractions and suggested places to eat with details of their Access Statements for information, where available.
- The nearest Shopmobility is 4 miles away in The Crown Walk Shopping Centre, Bicester. See contact details below.
- The nearest General Hospital with an A & E unit and walk in NHS is 15 miles away and the nearest Doctor’s surgery is 4 miles away. Please let us know if you require further information about these.
- We are planning a review of our website later this year to make it more accessible, your comments are welcome to assist us with project.
Address: 45 Ploughley Road, Arncott, Bicester, OX25 1NY
Telephone: 01869 247170
Fax: 01869 247123
Grid Reference: SP6093818085
Local Equipment Hire: Shire Mobility 01869 253976
Local Accessible Taxi: Bicester Cars 01869 646464
Local Public Transport: Bus – Stagecoach 01865 772250 National Rail: 08457 48 49 50 or National Rail Enquiries Text phone: 0845 60 50 600